We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our Website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information. The Controller of personal data submitted on the website is Inspire Foundation.
1. Collection of Information
Personal data may be collected by the following means when you use the website:
- Information about your visits to and use of this Website;
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering for events, making donations, booking a venue, applying for a job, making a donation under the Friends of Inspire scheme;
- Information that you make available when you register in the website.
This information may include your name, contact details, phone number.
We may collect information about your computer and your visits to this website such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views. We may use this information in the administration of the website and to improve the website’s usability.
We may send a cookie which may be stored on by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. We may use the information we obtain from the cookie in the administration of this website and to improve the website’s usability. We may also use that information to recognise your computer when you visit our website, and to personalise our website for you.
3. Use of personal data
4. Principles for Processing
Personal Data will only be processed lawfully, fairly and transparently. It will be collected for a specific, explicit, and legitimate purpose and the data collected will be limited to what is necessary. Personal data will be processed accurately, will not be kept longer than necessary, and the integrity and confidentiality of personal data shall be maintained at all times.
5. Security of personal data
We will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
6. Data Retention
Personal data processed by us shall not be kept longer than is necessary. Your personal data is retained for as long as is necessary to carry out the purpose for which it was collected.
If you have registered on the site you may unsubscribe at any time. Once unsubscribed, your personal data will be deleted immediately.
7. Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation
In terms of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 you have the following rights:
- Erasure of Personal Data: In certain cases described in the Regulation, you have the right to obtain from the controller the erasure of your personal data.
- Rectification of Personal Data: you may request that inaccurate personal data be rectified and that incomplete personal data be completed.
- Restriction of and the Right to Object to Processing: you can request that personal data processing be restricted in certain cases, eg: where the accuracy of the data needs to be verified. In certain cases, on grounds relating to your particular situation you have the right to object to processing.
- Right of Access and Right to Data Portability: You have the right to ask for confirmation from the data controller that data concerning you is being processed and you have a right to be given a copy of your personal data. You may request that the personal data be provided in machine-readable format.
- Right to Complain to a Supervisory Authority: If you feels that your data protection rights have not been respected, a complained may be lodged with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection.
8. Lawful Basis for Processing
Data is only processed where there is a lawful basis for doing so. The data processed on this website may be processed on one of the following lawful bases: (i) your consent, which may be withdrawn at any time (ii) where processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or to carry out pre-contractual measures (iii) if we are subject to a legal obligation where processing of personal data is required, (iv) if processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data.
9. Policy amendments
10. Third party websites
The Website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies (or content) of third party websites. Each third party website will itself act as its own data controller.
If you have any queries regarding the processing of your personal data, you may contact the Data Protection Officer as follows:-
Telephone – (+356) 2092 8100
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Website – www.inspire.org.mt