Inspire is looking for a team player who has experience as a leader, has effective communication skills, can work autonomously and set own priorities. The ideal candidate must have the ability to work flexibly, be an independent thinker, self-starter and have the ability to engage volunteers through various channels both locally and abroad, for example through ESC Projects, as well as provide support on a number of levels to these volunteers.
- On-boarding of volunteers both locally and abroad.
- Managing the smooth running and development of the department including business plans and budgets.
- Mentoring of volunteers, as well as measuring their performance.
- Identifying opportunities for improvement through the audit of quality and efficiency of service provision.
- Point of contact for all stakeholders in relation to the volunteers and related projects.
Core Skills & Qualities:
- Degree in social sciences (level 6.)
- A minimum of 2 years experience managing people in a service industry.
- Experience providing support and guidance to a team of young people.
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to build effective working relationships and networking with all key stakeholders.
- Experience managing EU-funded projects will be considered an asset.
Applications accompanied by a detailed CV are to be sent by not later than 18th March 2019 to the Human Resources department: firstname.lastname@example.org