General Scope and Purpose of Position
To work cooperatively with the Swimming School Administrator and Fitness Centre Manager in order to operate a well structure swimming programme and assist swimming lessons as instructed whilst ensuring the quality and participant’s safety during session delivery.
- Ensure that all possible safety measures are observed, including taking care of proper equipment and putting them in place when ready, pool and deck area are safe and free from visible hazards and that activities given during the lessons are safe in nature.
- Knowledge of sound competitive swimming skills, and the ability to implement and teach these skills in a positive and healthy manner;
- Performs assigned coaching responsibilities;
- Follows and enforces pool rules as well as maintains discipline;
- Responds to inquiries and requests from employees, parents and swimming lesson participants.
- To assist with any routine administration work as requested.
Cleaning and Maintenance:
- To carry out cleaning duties throughout the premises as directed by your in-line manager;
- To take the necessary pool water parameters, log them down in the Record sheets and regulate any shortcomings by adding appropriate chemicals in the right dosing.
- Provided uniform/s are only to be worn on duty and not at any other time;
- Always be smart and courteous and attentive to client’s needs.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Flexible hours (available to start shifts at 5.30am or finish at 10.00pm;
- Valid Driving Licence;
- Experience in similar posts is a must;
- Fluent communication in English;
- Valid and accredited certification related to pool safety and swimming instruction;
- A valid first aid course certification is a must.