The main purpose of this post is to plan for, develop and grow business activities that generate a surplus for the organisation as well as providing opportunities to engage with various stakeholders in meaningful economic activity. The Social Enterprise Manager will, therefore, play an important role in gathering the necessary funding to further Inspire’s mission. Our income generating units currently comprise of several Charity Shops, car boot sales, leasing of conference and meeting rooms and a Fundraising Department reliant on donations from the public, seeking funding opportunities while maintaining corporate relationships with the aim to achieve the targeted financial goals.
The Social Enterprise Manager will need to take an active role in the operational delivery and development of any social enterprise launched while developing necessary operational structures and systems to maximise the income of the various enterprises the organisation holds while closely work with the Chief Operations Officer (COO). The Social Enterprise Manager will also be able to bring innovative ideas to the table on how Inspire’s Social Enterprise can flourish within Inspire’s vision and strategies while also be able to motivate and enthuse people about social enterprise.
The Social Enterprise Manager is responsible for all employees within the department.
S/he will report to and work closely with the COO while also interact with other professionals to ensure good practice in the service the department provides.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Demonstrated experience managing commercial environments;
- Tertiary education in Accounting or Business or Marketing or equivalent;
- Strong experience in managing and developing people and teams;
- Creative, innovative and analytical approach with meticulous attention to detail;
- Demonstrated experience in budget management, analysing results and to improve commercial outcomes;
- Excellent relationship management skills with a particular focus on beneficial relationships with suppliers;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to engage with people at all levels;
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities and deadlines;
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a team and independently.
Qualities considered as an asset
- Experience in leading business development activities with accountability for achieving monthly sales targets;
- Experience developing core business strategy;
- Experience in business, marketing, communications;
- Strong organisation, time management, problem-solving, and leadership skills.
To apply, kindly send a covering letter and a detailed CV to the Human Resources Department on firstname.lastname@example.org