Published: 22nd November 2021
Inspire is a leading NGO in Malta helping hundreds of individuals with various disabilities to achieve their full potential, as we believe that everyone has a right to equality and inclusion.
We do this by providing individuals and their families with educational, therapeutic and leisure services. We also advocate for inclusion, educate the public and raise awareness among peers.
General Scope and Purpose of Position
We are looking to recruit a Psychology Assistant on a full-time basis.
The chosen candidate will will work within a multi-disciplinary setting and will focus primarily on analysing, setting goals and supporting colleagues in dealing with challenging behaviour.
The psychology assistant will be expected to contribute towards the formation of a behaviour plan, and using various techniques, including modelling, to support and educate staff in preventing the escalation of undesirable behaviour, supporting parents, and contributing towards professional reports which need to be generated regularly.
The ideal candidate should:
- Possess a minimum MQF Level 6 qualification in Psychology.
- Experience working with children having disabilities or experiencing challenging behaviour.
Prior to being recruited and throughout the duration of employment, the selected candidates need to satisfy the requirements of the Protection of Minors Act (POMA) together with those of immunisation.
Why work with Inspire?
At Inspire, we prioritise the mental health and wellbeing of our employees. In addition to a competitive salary, commensurate to experience, we offer the below:
- Ten additional days of leave, additional to statutory leave
- Private health insurance provided by AXA PPP Healthcare through Atlas Insurance
- Free counselling sessions provided by the Richmond Foundation
- Study leave
- The opportunity to shape and change processes