Inspire Foundation is looking for a Nursing Aide to join its team on a full-time basis.
Daily Assistance to Nurse
- Assist the Nurse in terms of the upkeeping of any medical records and client journals.
- Assist the Nurse in performing routine procedures (Give medication, blood pressure measurements, etc.) and fill in clients’ charts.
- Maintain and improve personal and professional knowledge and competence as appropriate.
Daily Assistance to Clients
- Assisting clients in their daily participation of activities while ensuring their active engagement to the best of their potential.
- Caring for the clients during the provision of services in all possible aspects, including;
* Daily feeding needs
* Hygiene aspects, assistance with toileting and changing
* Assistance with moving and transferring
- Carrying out activities as prescribed by therapists in the pool and gym with the clients according their individual needs programme.
- Assistance during animal interaction and therapeutic horseback riding.
- Offering activities as prescribed by therapists in the multisensory rooms
- Assistance during vocational training where appropriate.
- Carrying out of transport supervision according to the exigencies of the programme.
Liaison with therapists
- The Nursing Aid is expected to follow therapists’ recommendations depending on the needs of each individual client.
Delivery of Sessions
- Come up with innovative ideas that involve clients in creativity sessions.
- The Nursing Aid will be asked to conduct sessions in small groups according to the modules as planned.
- The Nursing Aid is expected to assist clients in the participation of sessions according to the modules as planned.
- The Nursing Aid will be required to fill in provided attendance sheets and checklists that monitor participation and progress.
- Attend meeting with parents and significant others as required.
- Employees are expected to show an active interest in improving themselves by attending training provided in house as well as outside of Inspire.
- Employees are expected to act as role models through the way they speak, act, dress and behave.
- All clients and their parents are to be treated with respect and dignity irrespective of colour/age/religion/race or disability.
- Good working relationship between staff and parent is expected at all time.
The post holder will be required:
- To undertake any other duties which may be allocated by their line manager within the general scope of the post & appropriate to the grade
- It is the responsibility of all Inspire employees to ensure that all duties are carried out in accordance with ‘best practice’ risk management
- All employees are expected to observe Inspires’ Equal Opportunities Policy in their behaviour to clients, the public & colleagues.
- To inform their line manager of any safety issues that could affect them or others in the work place & to co-operate with management at all times in achieving safer work processes & work places, particularly where it impacts on others
- To inform the (Data Protection Officer) DPO of any potential data breach
To apply for the position please email a cover letter and detailed CV addressed to the Talent and Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.