Inspire is looking for ethical and professional Care Workers for our STAR 25 Programme. This vacancy is on a 25 hour per week basis.
The chosen candidates will:
- Assist clients in their daily participation of activities while ensuring their active engagement to the best of their potential.
- Care for the clients during the provision of services in all possible aspects, including:
- Daily feeding needs.
- Hygiene aspects, assistance with toileting and changing.
- Assistance with moving and transferring.
- Carry out activities as prescribed by therapists in the pool and gym with the clients according to their individual needs programme.
- Assist during animal interaction and Therapeutic Horseback Riding.
- Offer activities as prescribed by therapists in the multisensory rooms.
- Assist during vocational training where appropriate.
- Follow therapists’ recommendations depending on the needs of each individual client.
- Come up with innovative ideas that involve clients in creativity sessions.
- Conduct sessions in small groups according to the modules as planned.
- Assist clients in the participation of sessions according to the modules as planned.
- Fill in provided attendance sheets and checklists that monitors participation and progress.
- Attend meetings with parents and significant others as required.
Care Workers are expected to:
- Show an active interest in improving themselves by attending training provided in-house as well as outside of Inspire.
- Act as role models through the way they speak, act, dress and behave.
- Treat all clients and their parents with respect and dignity irrespective of colour, age, religion, race or disability.
- Have a good working relationship between staff and parents.
- Undertake any other duties which may be allocated by their line manager within the general scope of the post & appropriate to the grade.
- Ensure that all duties are carried out in accordance with the ‘best practice’ risk management.
- Observe Inspires’ Equal Opportunities Policy in their behaviour to clients, the public & colleagues.
- Inform their line manager of any safety issues that could affect them or others in the workplace & to co-operate with management at all times in achieving safer work processes & workplaces, particularly where it impacts others.
- Inform the Data Protection Officer of any potential data breach.
To apply, kindly send a covering letter and a detailed CV to the Human Resources Department on firstname.lastname@example.org