Published: 23rd October 2021
General Scope and Purpose
The scope and purpose of a Behaviour Specialist at Inspire is to provide individualized care, behavioural intervention and attention to service users, using the TEACHH and SPELL approaches, but not exclusively.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create Behavioural Management Plans for the service users, in particular, service users who exhibit severe challenging behaviour within the programme and are either directly referred to by the programme leaders and/ or following own observations.
- Hold regular observations of the service users within the various therapy and/ or other activities in the programmes, report such observations, and follow up with the recommended interventions.
- Ensure full compliance to internal policies and procedures and to inform the necessary departments should any gaps or flaws be identified.
- Undertake any other duties which may be allocated from time to time, within the general scope of the post and appropriate to the grade.
- Provide training to staff, either through modelling or otherwise, on best approaches in dealing with Challenging Behaviour, and any other training related to the field of behavioural analysis which are in line with the specialisation of the Behaviour Specialist.
- Support staff member in dealing with service users with challenging behaviour including providing ‘hands-on’ support where necessary.
- Refer to existing guidelines where applicable and discuss with experts where necessary.
- Be active in promoting good practice across the Organisation, ensuring that any policy and process changes are communicated and implemented effectively.
- Abide to health and safety requirements under the guidance of the Health and Safety consultants.
- Able to work with a multi-disciplinary team; ability to work with a team with different specialisations and backgrounds and incorporate constructive feedback within the place and delivery of work
- Be an active participant in an environment that facilitates trust, open communication, creative thinking and cohesive team effort.
- Provide suggestions to different departments for any areas of improvement.
- Coordinate with other departments to enhance the organisations’ image as an Employer of Choice.
- Ensure confidentiality is always maintained.
- Ensure compliance to GDPR policies and procedures in managing data.
- Comply with the foundations Code of Ethics & Professional Conduct, as well as local policies.
- Respect the individuality, values, cultural & religious diversity of anyone within the organisation.
Prior to being recruited and throughout the duration of employment, the selected candidates need to satisfy the requirements of the Protection of Minors Act (POMA) together with those of immunisation.
- Minimum MQF Level 6 in Applied Psychology and
- MQF Level 7 in a related field
Other desired skills:
- Use of VB MAPP assessment
- PEAK Relational Training System
- Knowledge of Skillstreaming social skills curriculum
Prior work experience would be considered an asset.
To apply for this position send a detailed CV to email@example.com with subject: Behaviour Specialist. Applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Why work with Inspire?
At Inspire, we prioritise the mental health and wellbeing of our employees. In addition to a competitive salary, commensurate to experience, we offer the below:
- Ten additional days of leave, additional to statutory leave
- Private health insurance provided by AXA PPP Healthcare through Atlas Insurance
- Free counselling sessions provided by the Richmond Foundation
- Study leave
- The opportunity to shape and change processes