The STAR Programme at Inspire provides specific intervention for a group of young men and women with profound multiple learning disabilities, meeting their individual needs through objectives set by a professional multi-disciplinary team.
30 hours/week programme delivered by Care workers x 45 weeks/year
Therapeutic intervention jointly with tutors as follows:
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech-Language Pathology
HOW WILL I BENEFIT?
Clients will have:
- Enhanced self-awareness & self-esteem
- Improved relationships and interaction with others
- Understanding of healthy living
- Undergone Mobility Training
- Maintained physical abilities with improved motor skills within the limits of their abilities
- Improved orientation
- Opportunity for Enjoyment & Relaxation
- Improved concept formation
- Heightened sensory skills & levels of arousal
- Increased opportunity for self-expression
- Enhanced life skills within the limits of their abilities
- Modified behaviour for better adaptation
WHO IS THIS SERVICE FOR?
Persons with profound & complex neurological, motor & sensory difficulties. Clients are generally 24 years of age or older.