Learning in Context (LinC) Day School Programme
The LinC Day School Programme at Inspire is designed to target children in Kinder 1 & Kinder 2, years 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 (children referred need to fit within an appropriate group) presenting with any type of disability and/or challenging behaviour who currently attend main stream schools with 1:1 support from an LSE and who are currently struggling to follow an adapted school/class curriculum.
The programme provides therapeutic intervention in addition to the children’s school curriculum. Intervention targets socialisation, communication, behaviour management, motor skills, sensory skills, cognitive skills, numeracy & literacy & ILST.
This programme runs from October to June and each learner attends daily.
- Familiarization with an Adapted or modified School Curriculum
- Group intervention
- Multisensory Therapy & Sensory Groups
- Hydrotherapy Pool sessions
- Music and movement sessions
- Therapeutic Horseback Riding
- Therapeutic and Creative Arts & Pottery sessions
- Functional Literacy & Numeracy sessions
- Basic ILST
- Communication Groups
A summer Programme is also be available for 8 weeks between July & September to support continuity of care & help to prevent regression.
HOW WILL I BENEFIT?
We work with each child to:
- Have increased levels of participation & behavior management in a social setting
- Have their needs addressed through the capitalization of their strengths
- Acquire self-fulfillment & good citizenship
- Have the opportunity to exercise their thinking, creative, imaginative & reasoning skills
- Acquire appropriate behaviours & then transfer and generalize the behaviours through the use of appropriate systems
- Be prepared to utilize an augmentative means of communication if indicated
- Have the competency to function in a variety of environments
- Participate in student centred activities
- Participate in basic ILST activities
- Benefit from a functional approach to numeracy & literacy.
- Engage in leisure activities
- Engage in outdoor activities
Parents feedback sessions & parent empowerment training is also provided.
WHO IS THIS SERVICE FOR?
The LinC Day School Programme at Inspire is designed to target children in Kinder 1 & Kinder 2, as well as years 1 through to 7 presenting with any type of disability and/or challenging behaviour who previously attended main stream schools with 1:1 support from an LSE however, were struggling to follow an adapted school/class curriculum.